Levels of CareThe Masonic Homes provide a program of quality living, premier health care, and progressive services for Masons, their wives or widows, and mothers of Masons in extraordinary circumstances.
Through our aging in place program, residents enjoy the security of knowing that we will provide multiple levels of care as they are needed.
The living and care levels we offer include:
- Independent living — For residents who are able to provide all of their own care, even with the use of a walker or cane.
- Assisted living — For residents who need some assistance with activities of daily living, such as bathing, taking medications, and dressing.
- Short Stay Rehabilitation — The services at Transitions short stay care program are designed to improve the transition back home following surgery, illness or injury. It is for people who no longer need the acute care setting of a hospital, but still require a high level of clinical and rehabilitative care to ensure a speedy recovery. Transitions is open to the public at the Union City campus.
- Skilled nursing — The skilled nursing medical facility at Union City provides 24-hour nursing and custodial care. Covina campus residents receive this level of care in facilities of community partners or may have the option to transfer permanently to the Union City campus.
- Alzheimer's/dementia care — A 16-bed secure unit on the Union City campus provides optimal specialized care within a protective environment.
- Hospice care — Allows residents suffering from a terminal illness and who need pain management to remain in their apartments as long as possible.