How to Reach Masonic Assistance
- Please provide your name, contact information, and the best time to reach you.
- If you are calling on behalf of someone else, please provide their name as well. We must speak with you before contacting the person for whom you are requesting services or support.
- We will respond to your inquiry by the end of the next business day. As our intake calls are somewhat lengthy, you will likely receive a voicemail the first time you call. Please do not be discouraged – you will receive a return call in a timely manner.
Please allow up to 30 to 60 minutes for your intake call.
What to Expect During Your Intake Call
Your intake call is our opportunity to better understand your needs and to help you determine what resources can best serve your family. During this conversation, we will:
- Answer any questions you may have about the Masonic Homes and Masonic Outreach
- Ask you a variety of questions to better understand your situation, including:
- Your current living arrangements
- Financial information
- Health information
- Prequalify you for our programs and services
- Educate you on the relief services and resources that are available to your family, including possible benefits that may be available through Masonic Assistance and other organizations
- Explain the application process and the waitlist for the Masonic Homes (if applicable)
Intake Call Checklist
Please gather the following information in advance of your intake call so that we can complete your application and assist you more quickly:
- Mason’s name, lodge affiliation (if known), date of birth, and date of death (if applicable)
- Mason’s spouse or partner’s name (if applicable)
- Estimated worth of current assets (bank balances, property, vehicles, investments, life insurance, etc.)
- Amount owed in debts (credit cards, taxes and other government debts, personal loans, etc.)
- Current income and expenses (We will create a budget during the call for clients applying for Masonic Outreach Services. It may be beneficial for those needing financial guidance, as well.)
- Current benefits (health insurance, veterans’ benefits, long-term care insurance, etc.)
- Contact information for trusted personal family members/friends with whom we can communicate to ensure your welfare (with your approval)
Our application process is nearly the same for the Masonic Homes and Masonic Outreach Services and includes the following:
- Intake Call and Needs Assessment: Masonic Assistance will prequalify you for services for which you may be eligible. (See above for more information.)
- Initial Document Request: Masonic Assistance will send you specific forms to be completed and returned in order to qualify you for assistance. These forms may require review by our financial and management teams. Once we receive your completed forms and resolve any questions, we will send you an application.
- Application Stage: Along with your application, we will request additional documents to coincide with application questions. The Masonic Homes will request additional health-related documentation and Masonic Outreach will request documentation of your expenses and income.
A Masonic Assistance case manager will review your completed documents and will assist you with any questions, if needed.