TRANSITIONS SHORT-STAY REHABILITATIVE AND RESPITE CARE
Transitions in Union City offers short-stay rehabilitative care and respite care in a tranquil setting with excellent amenities, delicious food, and help coordinating transportation between care settings.
- Short-stay, rehabilitative care following surgery, illness, or injury focuses on helping you heal fully, quickly, and comfortably so you can return to your usual lifestyle as soon as possible. Exercise independence and choice by actively participating in your own care. Rest assured that our highly qualified staff will partner closely with your trusted primary care provider.
- Respite care gives full-time caregivers the peace of mind that loved ones are safe, comfortable, and well attended to by our compassionate and caring staff.
Learn more about our program and philosophy.
- Elegantly appointed private and semi-private rooms
- Wireless high-speed Internet access
- Large-screen, high-definition TV
- Delicious restaurant-style meals
- Daily housekeeping, laundry, and linen service
- Stylish lounge and beautifully landscaped grounds
- Indoor pool and spa
- Spacious, fully equipped, state-of-the-art rehabilitation gym
- Leisure activities
- Comfortable spaces for family visits
- On-site family accommodations, if needed
- Beautifully landscaped grounds
Specialized, High Quality Medical Care
Transitions participants have the support of a dedicated RN case manager and an extensive interdisciplinary team that includes nurses, therapists, social services managers, and nutritionists.
This team works with your physician and nurse practitioner to create an individualized care plan, and meets regularly with you and your family to review and answer questions about your progress.
Our experienced team of physicians, therapists, nurses, and health professionals provides rehabilitative care within a number of specialties, including:
- One-on-one physical, occupational, and speech therapy
- Orthopedic rehabilitation and joint replacement recovery, in partnership with Washington Hospital’s Institute for Joint Restoration
- Neurological, cardiopulmonary, and stroke rehabilitation
- Medical and post-surgical rehabilitation
- Around the clock medical and rehabilitative nursing care
- Expert pain management
- Assistance with personal care needs
- 24-hour security and supervision, if needed
- Caregiver respite
- Help monitoring your recovery – even after you’re discharged
Eligibility and Fees
Short-term care through the Transitions program is open to individuals with and without Masonic affiliation. Non-Masons and Masons who do not reside in the Masonic Homes must meet the following requirements:
- Referral from health care provider
- Three-day qualifying stay at an acute care hospital
- Medicare medical insurance
- Discharge goal of returning home
Prices start at $400 per day for semi-private rooms and $600 per day for private rooms.
Getting Started at Transitions
If necessary, we will contact your hospital or physician to determine if we can meet your needs. Tours are available upon request.