Visiting Masonic Homes of California – Union City
- There is NO change to the masking policy. Masks must be worn in all common spaces by residents, visitors, and staff. Double masking with a surgical mask below and a tight- fitting cloth mask on top or a single KN95 mask is recommended.
- All residents, staff, and visitors must screen upon entering our campus.
- Screening will now include just temperature screening and symptom questions.
- Everyone is required to complete the screening form honestly answering all attestation questions.
- Anyone who reports symptoms of Covid 19 will be asked to visit another time when they are not symptomatic.
- Staff will continue to be tested twice per week.
- Visitors will not be required to test upon visitation.
- Residents will be asked to test only if symptomatic or if identified as exposed in contact tracing.
- The dining rooms will remain open at this time.
- Masks must be worn entering and exiting the dining room.
- Masks must be removed only for eating and drinking and replaced when finished.
- Residents may have guests in the Dining Room.
- The residents and his/her/their visitors will have their own table.
- The resident must make a prior reservation with Dining Services to have guests in the Dining Room.
- ALL visitors must still make appointments to visit on our campus at least 24 hours prior to their visit.
- Visits to Lorber residents are reserved by calling Cynthia Cruz, SNF Administrator (Ext. 6487)
- Visits to other MHC residents are reserved by contacting Recreation Services – (David Bible, Resident Experience Coordinator, Ext. 6440)
- Lodge Meetings and activities are coordinated by Siminoff Lodge and/or Kim Hegg, Sr. Director Events, Recreation, and Volunteer Services (Ext. 6442).
- Visits are allowed anywhere on campus but are encouraged either outside or in resident apartments unless prior arrangements are made for larger group visits in common spaces (including resident set up meals/parties).
- We are now allowed to have in-apartment visits by people who are not fully vaccinated.
- We no longer require visitors to show proof of vaccination, nor test for COVID-19 for visitors to visit indoors. Visitors must still wear a mask in common areas and be encouraged to wear a mask at all times. (All visitors regardless of vaccination status are treated the same).
- Our Guest Apartments are still currently unavailable.
- Overnight guests in resident apartments are not currently permitted unless it is for compassionate care (palliative/hospice) reasons.
- Meetings in Siminoff Lodge may occur as long as current screening and distancing recommendations are observed.
- MHC Administration may limit attendance to activities meetings as needed based upon current County and/or campus positivity/outbreak status.
The Masonic Homes of California cares deeply about all residents, staff, and their families. To keep you informed about the status of COVID-19 on our campuses, we are providing this update on the status of any testing for our residents and staff members.
The last case(s) of COVID-19 diagnosed at the Masonic Homes of California are 1 resident on 2/10/23 at our Union City campus.
Historical Positive Cases as of 2/10/23
|Union City – Resident||69|
|Covina – Resident||20|
|Union City – Staff||168|
|Covina – Staff||52|
We are deeply committed to keeping our campus safe. We continue to follow county, state and CDC guidelines and are required to keep you fully informed about positive cases. Contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (510) 471-3434 if you have questions.
Thank you for your continued trust and support.