Along with laughter, vegetables are key to longevity, so why not march to a healthier beat with some of these tricks!
- Sneak in the salads. Salads are an easy way to add nutrients without fuss, and they don’t have to stop at green. Slice up a fresh radish for some spice and color.
- Spruce up your sandwich. Add some sliced cucumber, sprouts, or lettuce for some crunch.
- Sip on soup. Soup made of chopped or pureed vegetables is a great way to get your daily intake. Garnish with some scallion for an extra kick.
- Satisfy simply. Slice up carrot, bell pepper, and cucumber, and serve with hummus for a tasty snack.
- Spice up the scramble. Add slow-cooked onion and bell pepper to your eggs and dig in.
- Sauté a side. Sauté some spinach and drizzle with heart-healthy olive oil. Then devour!
About the Masonic Homes of California
The Masonic Homes of California is a charitable organization devoted to helping our communities and families live well and achieve meaningful and rewarding lives. The longest continuously operated organization in Union City, CA, the Masonic Homes has been a trusted name in health care since 1898. Its campus on Mission Boulevard is home to over 300 residents, employs 200 health care professionals, and provides volunteer opportunities to over 500 members of the Tri-City community. The Masonic Homes shares its campus with Acacia Creek Retirement Community, and both offer a variety of services, including independent and assisted living, skilled nursing, and rehabilitation services. Its Outreach Services office also provides information and referral services to community members within the Tri City region and beyond.