In order to keep ourselves and our communities safe and healthy this holiday season, we’ve been asking our Masonic Homes and Acacia Creek teams for suggestions of ways to celebrate while remaining socially distant to stop the spread of COVID-19.
Each Tuesday, we’ll share a new idea from a member of our team. The first one comes from Tara Keneally, officer manager with Masonic Outreach Services, who has several suggestions for online games to brighten up a Thanksgiving Zoom session with loved ones:
Zoom Game Night
“Here’s how I will be celebrating Thanksgiving with my family—and Friendsgiving with my friends—this year:
- Playing virtual Thanksgiving Bingo.
- Doing a Thanksgiving Day trivia game.
- Playing “Name, Place, Animal, Thing” over Zoom. To play, you pick a letter. Each player has to list a famous person’s name, a place, an animal, and a thing that begins with that letter. The first person to type them into the Zoom chat wins.
- Playing Pictionary online.
- Playing an online game of “Psych.” To play, participants make up fake answers to real trivia questions, and one player must choose the real answer among the fakes.”
Many thanks to Tara for the suggestions!
Other Resources for Staying Healthy
State and local governments are issuing rules for gatherings, and we should abide by them. For official guidance about staying healthy this holiday season, please visit these sites to stay up-to-date:
- State of California Holidays and COVID-19
- Alameda County COVID-19 Main Website
- Los Angeles County COVID-19 Main Website
- Center for Disease Control Holiday Guidelines
For the latest news about the Masonic Homes and COVID-19, including employee policies, visit the Masonic Homes website.