Lodges statewide are encouraged to visit the Masonic Homes at Covina and Union City. One popular way to bring brothers to the campuses is by planning a degree at Destiny Lodge in Covina, Siminoff Daylight Lodge in Union City, or at Union City’s tiled outdoor degree space. Degree ceremonies on the Masonic Homes’ campuses connect the experience of becoming a Mason with our lifelong commitment to caring for our brothers.
Destiny Lodge No. 856, Covina
Guests are always welcome at Destiny Lodge – an active lodge that meets on the Covina campus, and includes resident Masons and brothers from the surrounding area. For information about planning a visit or degree conferral, contact the lodge secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visiting Masons may also take advantage of the campus’ Southern California sunshine by hosting a barbecue. To reserve the barbecue area, call (626) 251-2200.
Siminoff Daylight Lodge No. 850,
Masonry is a way of life at the Masonic Home at Union City. This includes Siminoff Lodge – an active lodge that meets in the Home’s dedicated lodge room. The lodge includes Masonic Home residents and brothers from the surrounding area. For information about planning a visit or degree conferral, contact the lodge secretary at email@example.com.
Outdoor Degree Site, Union City
Tucked amidst a grove of trees in the hills of its expansive campus, the Masonic Home at Union City offers a permanent outdoor degree site for visiting lodges. More than 30 brothers from four area lodges helped construct the outdoor lodge in a natural amphitheater on campus, volunteering hundreds of hours of labor. Since 2012, the site has been a destination for members and lodges throughout the state.
Download a brochure for the Outdoor Degree Site.
Requesting the Outdoor Degree Site
- The outdoor degree site is available on Saturdays from May through September.
- Reservations are required 60 days in advance.
- Visiting lodges must provide at least two tilers and degree paraphernalia.
- Each reservation includes:
- Transportation to the site from the parking lot
- Lodge and seating set up
- On-site event coordinator
- Patio and indoor dining area
- Use of Siminoff Daylight Lodge room in case of inclement weather
- Barbecue area may be reserved
- The site is in the scenic hills behind the Masonic Home. Please instruct guests to wear appropriate shoes and clothing.
- Because the site is in full sunlight, visitors are strongly encouraged to schedule degrees in the morning to avoid extreme heat. (The recommended start time is 8:00 – 9:00 a.m.)
- A $100 donation to Siminoff Daylight Lodge is requested for use of the outdoor degree site.
Lodges may bring food and beverages or select from freshly prepared catered meals for an additional cost.
Catering packages are as follows (pricing is per person; all packages include beverages):
- Sandwich extravaganza – $8.50
Assorted sandwiches, chips, fruit, and cookies
- Western BBQ – $15
Hamburgers, hot dogs, corn on the cob, baked beans, salad, watermelon, and strawberry shortcake
- Deluxe Sirloin Steak Lunch – $20
Grilled sirloin steak, potatoes, fresh vegetables, caesar salad, and fresh fruit tart