In the sunny San Gabriel Valley, just 30 miles east of downtown Los Angeles, the Masonic Home at Covina sits on 33 acres of a retired citrus ranch. Its scenic setting features wide expanses of lawn dotted with large native trees, characteristic of the beauty of Southern California.
Our campus is home to about 80 residents who live in comfortable one-bedroom apartments designed for independent and assisted living. Residents choose the Masonic Home at Covina for its intimate setting, vibrant quality of life, and perhaps most of all, the sense of community created by fellow residents and staff. Read the resident newsletter.
Services and Community Features
In Southern California’s mild year-round climate, Covina residents enjoy an outdoor pool, a barbecue and outdoor patio area, and comfortable indoor and outdoor spaces for small or large groups.
The campus also features:
- Three meals daily in a gracious dining room
- Apartment maintenance and utilities, including high-speed Internet
- Laundry and dry cleaning
- Secured and monitored entrances and grounds
- Transportation to off-site events and appointments
- Chaplain and individual pastoral care
- General store and resale shop
- Computer center, library, and game rooms
- Beauty salon and barber services
- Fitness center
- Preventive health care services
- Pharmacy services
- Guest accommodations and meals
- Future services include skilled nursing and memory care
The community’s 56 one-bedroom apartments feature a full-size kitchen, generous closet space, an individually controlled heating and cooling system, and a sheltered patio.
Other amenities include:
- Call button for 24-hour emergency response
- Weekly general housekeeping and linen service
- Annual heavy cleaning
- Free hook-up to basic cable or satellite TV
- Window and floor coverings
- Closet/storage space
- Refrigerator and microwave oven (stoves available in some independent living units)
Our independent living option is dedicated to residents who can provide all of their own care (including those who use a walker or cane). Free from the demands of household chores, residents embrace retirement in the ways that matter most to them – surrounded by comfortable amenities, good neighbors, and a culture of successful aging.
For those residents who require assistance with daily activities, our caregivers provide discreet, in-home support with tasks such as bathing, medication management, dressing, personal care, and mobility. With this level of care, residents can remain safe, empowered, and connected to the lifestyle they love.