Eligibility And Applying For AdmissionsEligibility for Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Skilled Nursing
Applicants for the Masonic Homes must be 60 years or older and
- A California Master Mason in good standing for five consecutive years
- The wife or widow of an eligible California Master Mason
- Or, in extraordinary circumstances, the mother of an eligible Master Mason*
If you need long-term Skilled Nursing level care, the Masonic Homes’s Union City campus will admit any California Master Mason who falls into the criteria above, without having to be put on the wait list. The Masonic Homes takes Medicare. It also works with other insurance providers and can accept private pay for care on a case-by-case basis.Eligibility for Transitions short stay care rehabilitation program
Transitions is available to the general public who has a three-day qualifying stay at any hospital. The Masonic Homes takes Medicare for these services.Applying for admission
- Call Masonic Assistance at 888/466-3642.
- The admissions manager will ask for your name and address, lodge name and number, and date of birth.
- The application process will be explained and other information will be provided.
*Note: Applications for mothers of Masons are reviewed for extraordinary circumstances. Because preference for admission is always given to Master Masons, their wives and widows, and both Homes have a waiting list, it is unlikely that a member’s mother will be admitted at this time. Mothers who qualify for assistance will be provided services through Masonic Senior Outreach.Wait time
The wait time for an independent living or assisted living apartment at Covina is 12-18 months. At Union City the wait time is 12-18 months for independent living units and 24-36 months for assisted living units. Those on the wait list with immediate needs are referred to Masonic Senior Outreach for assistance.